C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Will The New World Bank Please Step Forward – CERA Early Read
- The sense of urgency around energy transition is apparent in almost every aspect of CERA week this year, something that was barely mentioned 5 years ago.
- Lots of talk about the skills and the money being available to meet the challenge, but real concerns around bottlenecks – permitting and access to available funds.
- Lender risk appetite is missing for early-stage technology and countries/regions with higher political/currency risk – this is where the World Bank should step in.
- We look at metal pricing weakness and recap some of our concerns around lithium expectations – the range of demand forecast leaves room for major error.
- Otherwise, we look at how the wind value chain has developed – prices need to rise – and we highlight some late reporters’ sustainability plans.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams