C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
With A Spotlight On Material Shortages – Efficient Use Matters
- Was the IRA really intended to support the idea of banks of expensive electrolyzers sitting idle for 70% of the day? Profitable but a poor use of resources.
- Not enough is being done to think this through – storage is the go-to solution but requires overbuilding of wind/solar and expensive batteries – more resources.
- We would have much less of a critical mineral issue if they were used efficiently, and while this is a challenge, it is one worth pursuing – nuclear would help.
- We also look at the benefits of modular and standardized production versus customized solutions – standardization can lead to much more profit.
- Otherwise, the WPC conference is driving a lot of discussions around recycling and sustainability and furthered many energy transition conversations from CERA.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams