C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
It’s Not “Woke”, But In Some Cases, ESG Investing Is Just Wrong
- Some US politicians are using ESG investing as a political football – they are not wrong, but they are not right either. MSCI move shows the flaws clearly.
- Rerating many more ETF funds (negatively) in Europe than it has left unchanged, shows that either the measures were wrong or the data was corrupted/misleading.
- This is only the start, in our view, of a major shake-up in ESG investing that we predicted 4 years ago, but has been delayed by regulator lethargy/incompetence.
- We look again at renewable power, the problems with capacity factors and the opportunities for nuclear – we also push hydro again given feedback on our project.
- Otherwise, we look at the Biden biomaterial goal, and other issues with hitting recycling/renewable targets, as well as CCS in Germany, and minerals (again).
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams