Plastics, PVC, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, PU, PC, PET, Critical Minerals, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Ammonia
Nova Chemicals, Dow, LyondellBasell, ExxonMobil, Chevron Phillips Chemical, BayStar Polymers, Westlake, Methanex, Petronas, Formosa Plastics, Hengli Petrochemical, BASF, Lummus, MOL, BP, GEVO, Maersk, Amazon, Oxy, Hanbang Petrochemical, Trinseo, OPaL, TotalEnergies, Petrobras, Covestro, ADNOC, ProAmpac, Evonik, Repsol, Williams, Unipec, CarbonCapture Inc., Braskem, Tigo Energy, Berry, Lyten, SABIC, Pacur, Ørsted, Fortescue, Chevron, Tata Steel, BPCL, Woodside, Ionic, Ford Technologies, Less Common Metals, Neste, Shell, Linde, Sibur, LG Chem, Phillips Carbon Black, Orion Eng. Carbons, Songwon, Vitol, Ascend Elements, SK Chemicals, Air Products, Sinopec, PEMEX, Wärtsilä Solutions, Standard Lithium, Sigma Lithium, Citgo, Power Edison, X-Energy, Apple, Mitsui Chemicals, Enterprise Products, Mitsubishi Electric, UBQ, KORE Power, Albemarle, Tesla, Eni, Verkor, Altus Power, Brightcore Energy, Air Liquide, SK Capital, Ecopol, AGI, Anaergia, EnerSys, Ecovyst, Pertamina, Aramco, KPC, Cove Point LNG, OCI NV, Orsted, Veolia, Brenntag, Oriental Energy, Adani Group, SQM, Pepsi
C-MACC Sunday Recap 186 & Sustainability Report 146
So Many Moving Parts: Some Moving The Wrong Way and Some Not Moving Fast Enough – Feedback from Pack Expo and CMA’s WCF
- For a first effort, CMA put on a well-attended and comprehensive event last week with a strong sustainability theme throughout and bad news for polyolefins.
- Our theme last week around suspension of disbelief was addressed in the bleak outlook for polyethylene and polypropylene oversupply and its likely persistence.
- Energy transition and sustainability were featured throughout the event, but the idea of who pays for it all was mainly left hanging, with more hope than solutions.
- Our Hydrogen Panel and the debate from the panel and that has occurred since will be discussed in our Tuesday research – many thanks to those who participated.
- Otherwise, we look at the current challenges in the polymer markets and include feedback from the Pack Expo conference – we live in interesting times.
Last week we discussed 15 Chemicals and Related Products and 91 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams