Daily Chemical Reaction
Come Together Or Adjust Product Suite – Sitting Still Is Not An Option For Most In Energy & Chemicals
- Energy and chemical sector strategic ties will strengthen as value-chain integration benefits rise this decade, with global cost positions shifting in favor of those marrying these positions.
- We view ExxonMobil in an enviable position regarding its integration and discuss a couple of takeaways from its product solutions presentation, displaying its further push into chemicals.
- Those lacking upstream integration, such as Dow, are taking action toward cleaner feedstocks, energy, and more sustainable products. Those sitting still will face rising competitive challenges.
- We discuss movements from ADNOC, who appears to be evaluating Braskem and Covestro, per news reports – low-cost feedstocks targeting high-cost regions will remain a global trend.
- We also comment on the growth in China’s crude oil imports from Russia in August, several sustainability and clean energy trends, and numerous downstream demand developments.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams