Plastics, PVC, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, PU, PC, PET, Critical Minerals, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Ammonia, Fossil Fuels, EVs, Solar Modules, Wind Turbines, Methane, Ethanol
Issaquena Green Power, CF Industries, Nutrien, LSB Industries, Koch Fertilizer, Yara, BASF, ExxonMobil, Shell, BayStar, IMCD, MOL, Sipchem, Odfjell, Arcore, Petrobras, Freeport LNG, Coterra Energy, Arkema, Unigel, Inorganic Chemical Industries (Inochem), Grupo Pochteca, SABIC, Cepsa, Grupa Azoty, Amcor, Nova Chemicals, Alpek, SK Chemicals, Siemens Energy, Vestas, Orsted, Home Depot, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Chemours, Anaergia, Technip Energies, Chevron, Hess, Berry Plastics, Dow, LyondellBasell, Westlake, Chevron Phillips Chemical, Goodyear, AkzoNobel, SK GEO, Chemtrade, Trecora, OCI Global, Röhm, Messer, SK On, Sumitomo Metal Mining, Asahimas Chemical, Evonik, GM, Emirates, Mercedes-Benz, Opal, Tesla, Topsoe, TotalEnergies, Toyota, Burberry, Lenovo, Walmart, Lotte Chemical, Adnoc, bp, Mitsubishi, Vermilion Energy Inc., Plug Power, Li-Cycle, Bloom Energy, Air Liquide, Fisker, Braskem, NuScale, Flint Hills, Octopus Energy, Enbridge, NextDecade, Neste, Mitsui Chemicals, Rare Element Resources, Pertamina, Fortescue, Glencore, GEL, Compass Minerals, SQM, Marathon Petroleum, Unipar, Whitehawk Energy, Asahi Kasei, Fuso Chemical, Grasim Industries, Guangxi Huayi Energy, PetroChina, Sinostar, Pembina Pipeline Corporation, DG Fuels, Oxy, Panasonic, Titan Group
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 195
Fair Trade! Better China Relationships Help All, but Especially China
- Improving relationships with China is imperative to meet energy transition goals globally, but it may worsen competitiveness in the West and enhance other risks.
- China’s current significant economic challenges suggest that improving trade relations with the West should be a high priority – this was last week’s message.
- But China’s speed to market and much better quality should allow for outsized manufacturing growth versus the West and increased dependence on China.
- We cannot solve energy transition challenges without embracing China, but we risk creating national security headaches – Western regulation must change.
- Otherwise, we take a deep dive into the liquidity challenges of energy transition in a skittish lending market, US blue ammonia enthusiasm, and ethylene again.
Last week, we discussed 21 Chemicals and Related Products and 106 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams