Daily Chemical Reaction
You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me – Input Costs Under Review, Amid Mixed 2H21 Demand & Margin Views
- Chemical sector business updates remain optimistic on demand but take a differing view of 2H21 raw material trends following a period of broad-based inflation. We flag several factors worth consideration for sector followers.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Albemarle, Braskem, Evonik, Wacker Chemie, Trinseo, Mitsui Chemicals & other news).
- We highlight recent US refinery utilization, US chemical rail traffic, and global freight rate indicators that point to still out-of-whack conditions.
- We flag several ESG items worth mention, ranging from updates on UK carbon capture projects to a hydrogen-fired power plant development in TX.
- Along with highlighting our latest ESG weekly, we flag our multi-client initiative on carbon abatement in conjunction with the Power Research Group.
- We note numerous other relevant chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams